Serving finger foods at the party can let people mingle and move around. However, finger food should be appetizing because it is an appetizer! Finger food doesn’t have to be something expensive. There are many finger foods for party that are cheap and many of them doesn’t require you to cook them.
We have picked some easy finger food ideas that you can serve to your guests. Don’t worry! They are all elegant and delicious.
Finger Foods For Party That You Must Try
Deviled Eggs with Bacon Recipe
Devilled eggs are one of the easiest appetizers. It is commonly served at parties and picnics. Fun fact about the term “deviled”, it is used to describe zesty and spicy food in the 19th century.
The best thing about this appetizer is you can prepare the egg a day in advance. Typically, the deviled eggs are filled with mustard and pepper, but you can adjust the fillings. Here is the recipe!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tbsp chives, minced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cut the eggs into half and then separate the whites and the yolks. Place the yolks in a bowl and the whites on a serving plate.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, red pepper, and salt to the bowl. Stir it until smooth and make sure there are no chunks.
- Next, place the egg yolk mixture in the piping bag. After that, fill the cavity of egg whites.
- Sprinkle the eggs with the crumbled bacon and chives.
- You can place the deviled eggs on a platter with alfalfa sprouts for a beautiful presentation. Besides, it is to keep the eggs from sliding around.
Bacon Wrapped Sausages
Sausages are the most versatile food item, including appetizers. You can make bacon-wrapped sausages with three core ingredients such as brown sugar, smoked sausages, and bacon. It works perfectly with mustard, ketchup, and of course salsa.
However, avoid using precooked ingredients. They don’t taste great.
- 3/4 pound bacon strips (halved)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 pound small smoked sausages
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Set and heat the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking pan with parchment or foil and then place a wire rack on top.
- Next, fry the bacon with medium heat. Make sure it is still pliable and don’t let it get crispy because you will use it to wrap the sausages.
- Remove the bacon from the heat and place it on a paper towel. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Wrap each sausage with pre-cooked bacon and then use a toothpick to secure it.
- Prepare the brown sugar in a bowl, then roll the sausages that are wrapped with bacon in it.
- Place the sausages on the wire rack. You should use a wire rack because the sugar will burn easily and it will prevent the sausages from drippings.
- Brush the sausages lightly with maple syrup, then sprinkle it with pepper.
- Bake the sausages for around 35 minutes. Burn until hot and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the rack from the oven and let it cool before serving.
- You can enjoy the sausages with spicy tomato jam or salsa.
- You can warm some naan (flatbread), then add shredded cheese and then heat it in the toaster. Slices the sausages and place them on the top of naan. Sprinkle it with chopped scallions and pepper flakes.
- Another way to enjoy this sausage is with white rice. Saute sliced peppers, sweet onions, carrots, and garlic with olive oil. Then, add rice, pepper, and salt. Mix it well, then add 2 tbsp soy sauce. Serve the rice in a bowl and top it with bacon-wrapped sausages. Don’t forget to garnish it with parsley.
The sausages taste best on the day it is made. If you have leftovers, wrap them with foil or put them in an airtight bag or container. Store the sausages in the refrigerator for around 5 days. Reheat them on a skillet if you want to enjoy it.
Mini Sausages Roll
Another finger food for party recipe that you can try is this mini sausages roll. You just need around 35 minutes to make it.
- 1/2 small garlic clove
- 400 g sausages
- A handful of parsley chopped
- 375 g puff pastry (ready to roll)
- 1 egg
- Prepare and set the oven to 200 C, preheat it.
- Crush the garlic to make a paste and then mix it with salt. Mix it with parsley then stir it with 50ml water.
- Peel the sausage skin. If you use the sausage’s meat, blend it in the food processor. Then pour the garlic mixture and add pepper.
- Cut the pastry half lengthways. Then divide the sausage into two and spread it on the pastry forming a cylinder shape. Leave around 1 cm on the edge.
- Cut each roll and then arrange the sausage roll on a baking sheet.
- Brush the pastries with egg. Then place them in the oven and bake for around 35 minutes until crisp and puffy.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup.
Mac and Cheese Balls
These macaroni and cheese balls are cooked in the air fryer. It is so good, giving a nice texture with creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
It is a quick appetizer that you can cook for around 35 minutes for 12 balls. You can pick any kind of mac and cheese. However, make sure it has a thicker sauce so it will hold together when you shape it into a ball. If it is saucy even after refrigeration, it will fall apart and will not fry well.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 cups (prepared) macaroni and cheese (refrigerated)
- 1 tsp salt (divided)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (divided)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (divided)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (you can use garlic aioli, or you can pick chipotle mayo)
- Spread the breadcrumbs evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for around 3 minutes. Shake it again and bake it again for another 2 minutes.
- Take the macaroni and cheese from the refrigerator and make balls. Put them on the baking sheet.
- Mix flour with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Set aside.
- Whisk 2 eggs with milk. Use a shallow bowl.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with pepper, garlic powder, salt, and paprika.
- Roll the macaroni balls into the flour.
- Dip the coated ball in the egg and then transfer to the breadcrumb mix. Repeat until all the balls are coated.
- Prepare the air fryer by spraying the basket with cooking spray. Add the macaroni balls and fry them until golden brown, around 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the basket and serve with your favorite sauce like chipotle mayo, garlic aioli, or ranch.
If you are looking for a healthy and fresh option, a spring roll is a great idea. It is finger foods for parties that you can modify with anything. If you want it to be full of veggies, it is up to you. Here is a recipe you can try!
- 2-ounce rice vermicelli (you can also use brown rice noodles)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup lettuce, ribs removed
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 8 sheets of rice paper
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Water as you need it
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain it and then rinse it with cold water. Toss the noodles with salt and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Fill a saucepan with water and then fold the lint-free tea towel in half. Then place it beside the dish. Combine cilantro, green onion, mint, and a small bowl. Mix them well.
- Put the rice paper in the water and let it sit for around 20 seconds or until it is pliable. Make sure it is not supper floppy. Then, place it by laying it on the towel.
- Add lettuce, rice noodles, cabbage, carrots, jalapeno, and cucumber onto the rice paper, and then sprinkle some herbs. Roll up the rice paper until the filling is wrapped. Repeat until finished.
- To make the sauce, whisk rice vinegar, peanut butter, sesame oil, honey, and garlic. Add water as needed until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve the spring rolls with the peanut sauce.
Goat Cheese Balls
If you are just lazy to cook, there is a no-cook finger food for the party such as this goat cheese balls. Just mix cream cheese with goat cheese until combined. Then, with your hand, make a small ball. Mix thyme, chopped parsley, chopped walnuts, and bacon bits on a plate then roll each ball until it is coated. Top it with a sliced apple and then pop a stick into each ball.
So, what do you think about our finger foods for a party? Share your favorite recipes in the comment!
Check also another appetizer recommendation here.