Of course, we want something quick and simple for breakfast. Then as always, we will go to the quickest, simplest dishes; egg and toast. Somehow a classic breakfast with these two items is boring.
These recipes will upgrade your breakfast to the next level. We guarantee that your kids will love it too.
Egg And Toast Recipes You Must Try
Scrambled Egg Toast
This is a classic scrambled egg toast with feta cheese that brings incredible texture and flavor. The crunchy and buttery texture will make your day much better. It is satisfying and scrumptious!
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (provide more for the bread)
- 2 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Parsley or dill for garnish
- Softened the butter and then spread it on each side of the bread. Fry the bread over medium heat until it is forming a golden crust.
- Remove the bread then. Using the same pan, add 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Add eggs and feta cheese. Stir the mixture for around 4 minutes.
- Place the egg mixture on each piece of bread and then sprinkle it with parsley or dill.
- Enjoy the scrambled egg toast with coffee.
- You can use any kind of bread like whole grain, white, wheat, rye, or pumpernickel. Even, using croissants is nice too.
- Buy feta cheese in a Bulgarian store. Usually, they provide good quality feta cheese.
- You can be creative by adding mozzarella, chopped tomatoes, or roasted peppers. Adding avocado will also enhance the flavor.
Egg Toast With Vegetables
If you want something healthier, don’t hesitate to add vegetables to your egg toast. You don’t need to spend a lot of time making difficult-tasty food. Just spend 20 minutes making this delicious egg toast with vegetables.
This recipe is for four servings. You can double the recipe if you want to serve it for many people. Besides, you can also be adventurous by modifying the vegetables.
- 4-5 eggs
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sandwich bread (4 slices, thick cut)
- Set the oven and preheat it to a temperature of 375 degrees F. Put a rack in the middle.
- Mix the egg with paprika, kosher salt, and red pepper flakes. Whisk it.
- Add vegetables, parsley, and feta cheese to the egg mixture and mix it. Then, add a drizzle of extra virgin oil.
- Brush the sheet pan with olive oil then set the bread.
- Top each bread with an egg mixture.
- Bake the bread for 15 minutes. Check if the eggs are cooked and the veggies get softened.
You can use red onions if you don’t like green onions. Using homemade Italian seasoning will also be great to boost the flavor.
Jammy Egg Toast
This 15-minute jammy egg toast is everyone’s favorite. The egg is half-cooked which is not too runny or firm. You just need a few ingredients to make this wonderful recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, provide more for garnish
- 4 slices bread
- Mix shallot, vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Place the eggs in boiling water and cook them for around 6 minutes. Then, transfer the eggs to the ice water so the cooking process will stop. Drain and peel all the eggs.
- Add parsley, mustard, and oil to the shallot mixture.
- Spread the bread with mayonnaise. Chop the eggs and place them on the top of the bread. Add shallot vinaigrette and sprinkle it with parsley, cracked pepper, and thyme.
Soft-Boiled Dippy Eggs with Toast
Well, this is not like the regular egg toast you will eat. Here we want to try something different by making soft-boiled eggs as the dipping. It is ready in ten minutes. Check the recipe!
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 wholegrain bread
- Butter (you can use dairy-free spread)
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a gentle boil.
- Using the slotted spoon, dip the eggs in and out. Then place the eggs slowly to the bottom of the boiling water. Cook them for around 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water then place them in the cold water.
- Next, crack the eggshell and use your spoon to wiggle through the egg until the egg yolk is exposed.
How to prepare the bread
While cooking the eggs, you can toast the bread. Then butter each side and cut the bread into some strips. Make sure you can dip the bread into the eggs.
Please note that eating undercooked eggs will put you at greater risk of salmonella exposure. Please pay attention to the local guidelines of how to handle the eggs safely and whether they are OK to be consumed undercooked in your climate to prevent salmonella risk.
Scrambled Eggs On Toast With Pesto
This is another variation of scrambled egg toast but it is modified with pesto. Of course, it tastes so fresh and tasty. Here is the recipe.
- Olive oil or butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp pesto (you can make yourself or buy it)
- 2 slices of bread
- Salt and pepper
- Basil for garnish
- Add olive oil or butter to the pan. Heat it with medium heat.
- Using a bowl, crack the eggs and mix them with a pinch of salt. Whisk the eggs.
- Pour the eggs onto the pan, and then reduce the heat to low.
- Swirl the eggs continuously until the eggs look thickening. You should see curd appear in a minute. Remove the egg from the heat and set aside.
- Fry the bread to make a toast. Once it is cooked, remove it from the heat, then spread it with pesto and top it with scrambled eggs. Sprinkle it with pepper and salt. Add basil as garnish.
Egg Salad Sandwich
If you have limited ingredients in your fridge, the egg salad sandwich will save your day. It is loaded with a combination of hard-boiled eggs and Greek yogurt. The taste is standout and fresh especially when it is added with lemon, dill, capers, and onion. It is simple yet sophisticated. It is a fancy yet easy recipe to make on repeat.
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- Whisk lemon zest, yogurt, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper. Then, add eggs and mix gently. Add capers, onion, and dill.
- Divide the egg mixture and spread it on the toast. Sprinkle it with pepper and dill.
Curry-Avocado Crispy Egg Toast
If you want a stronger flavor, this curry-avocado crispy egg toast will be perfect for your breakfast. The combination of curry, fried egg, and cilantro gives a delicious kick.
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Chopped cilantro
- Crack the eggs into the cup. Then, heat 3 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook until the white turn golden brown and crisp. If the edges of the whites turn dark, remove the eggs from the heat and cover them until the whites are cooked. Season the eggs with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- In a separate skillet, toast the curry powder, add 2 tbsp olive oil, and set aside. Mash the avocado and mix it with salt and lime juice. Next, toast the bread. Once it is cooked, top it with avocado, an egg, and chopped cilantro. Drizzle the final result with curry oil. Enjoy!
Classic Egg and Toast Sandwich
The egg and toast sandwich once became a hit on Youtube. It is simple, and of course delicious. In South Korea, many people add sweet fruit jam to the sandwich. Yes, it sounds a bit odd but thankfully you can modify it. Check the recipe!
For egg toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 sandwich bread
- Black pepper
For cheese and strawberry jam
- Cheddar cheese
- Strawberry jam
For Canadian bacon and cheese
- Canadian bacon
- Swiss cheese (or any kind of cheese)
- Cut the bread in half
- Mix eggs and season them with black pepper and salt.
- Dipped the bread halves in the egg mixture. It should coat one side. Set aside.
How to make the sandwich
- Add some butter to the pan. Use low heat to melt the butter. Add the egg mixture.
- Place the bread in the middle of the egg mixture. Make sure the egg-coated part is facing up. Give a slight nudge so the bread will stick to the egg. Let it cook.
- Flip the egg and then fold the eggs inward so it make a rectangular shape.
- Place your topping whether you add ham and cheese or cheese and strawberry jam.
- Fold the sandwich in half and let it cook and the cheese melts.
- Add the butter to the pan and give both sides 45 seconds and cook until it is golden.
- Serve it.
Are eggs and toast healthy?
Eggs and toast complete each other. Eggs are rich in fat and protein while toast is a source of carbohydrates. When it is combined, egg toast is a food heaven.
How many eggs should I eat in a day?
According to Healthline, for normal adults with normal cholesterol levels and no heart disease risk factors, consuming 1-2 eggs per day is considered safe.
Are you looking for more inspiration for breakfast? Check this!